Friday 28 January 2011

Cesar Milan

During the early days when I first had Belle, I stumbled upon this fantastic guy by the name of Cesar Milan. First impression of him was quite charming and he had a powerful aura around him. The things that he shared about caring and loving our dogs is nothing like most of us have thought of. In my context, I always thought that by showering my dogs with love and pampering them, I am doing them good. However according to Cesar, I am only nurturing an unbalanced dog and creating behavior problems in the long term. I was quite puzzle with his school of teachings and so I read up more his way of loving for his dogs.

He believes that a dog regardless of name or breed is ultimately and a dog first follow by breed and name. Dogs are wired differently from us humans and so we cannot imposed our idea and interpretation of love and pamper on them. Loving and pampering them means to let them be dogs, and our role in it is to be their pack leader, the alpha of the pack. That sort of like opened my eyes and many things started to make sense to me. I went on to read many of his books and even watch his show on TV. It was really enlightening and I have since adopt his way of loving and caring for my beloved dogs and I am glad to say that they are all happy and balanced to have me as their pack leader.

Below are the links to a few of his books which I have read and found helpful, do get your hands on one of them now. Especially if you have a new puppy or dog at home, it will make a lot of difference on whether you get a balanced companion or an unruly one.

No comments:

Post a Comment